Techniques: Digital Storytelling
Medill School of Journalism – Spring 2011
- TASK: Create a map for your site.
- VALUE: 50 points
- ASSIGNMENT: Create a timeline using a tool discussed in class for your Class Multimedia Project. How you interpret a timeline and its structure is up to you. (** Please note: Topic must be pitched by email to Craig via e-mail by Thursday, April 28, at noon. Pitch: At least two paragraphs explaining story and how you will produce it.)
- DEADLINE: Monday, May 2 at noon – late assignments will lose half their points.
MAPPING: You will produce a mapped element for your site that includes links, images, videos or other forms of rich media.
You will need at least 12 points and at least one video and one photo. All points should be properly linked out as needed.
You can use Google maps, Umapper or anything else that allows for mapping and embedding.
Please post as a page under your CMP pages heading.
This assignment will be graded on:
- Story choice/pitch: 5 points
- Quality of Editing of Multimedia: 20 points
- Editorial Judgment/Story Narrative: 10 points
- Production Value: 10 points
- Posting to CMS (WordPress) and Twitter (hashtag #cmp): 5 points