Following are the links, sites and examples discussed in class. This will be updated with any additional sites that come up in discussion as soon as possible after class. If you see any missing – or wish to add after the fact – please do so in the comments section.
- What is journalism engagement (a podcast)
- Crowdsourced photo assignments?!?
- $315 million on the back of the HuffPo People (FiveThirtyEight)
Live and on the move
- Using apps to run WordPress on the road.
- Using Foursquare – or Gowalla – for MoJo
- Mapping checkins via Foursquare, Gowalla and Facebook with Weeplaces
- Make the most of an often crappy camera
- A live blog as boring as the Grammys
- #dsexamples @hannahgvickers Not a fan of this live blog: Kind of all over the place, hard to follow at times
- The problem with tape delay in an age of Twitter http://nie.mn/hzGG90
These links from both sections can always be found under a Twitter #dsexamples hashtag search. Or scroll down to the right of this page for a running list in the sidebar area.
- AngieEJChung: Mobile reporting example-send text messages to government offices when services are unsatisfactory http://www.huduma.info/ #dsexamples
- Brave_Has: #dsexamples @cnewmanmedill Mubarak resigns http://bit.ly/igcSxT
- borntolede: #dsexamples @cnewmanmedill great timeline: http://www.npr.org/2011/02/01/133401384/timeline-presidency-of-egypts-hosni-mubarak
- dhnovak: #dsexamples timeline on the history of bacon, FYI http://img.seattleweekly.com/player/?i=5921784
- borntolede: @cnewmanmedill #dsexamples npr live blog of mubarak’s speech http://n.pr/f7Oc2T